The littlelest Littlesheep has recently started to point out the numbers that he sees – when he first did it, like with the previous Littlesheeps I had no idea he knew the number names (we hadn’t sat down with the flashcards although he does have a set to play with!). I realised he must have learn them from all the incidental talking about numbers that we do so I thought I’d share some ideas with you – feel free to use the comments function to add yours too.
- Look for house numbers
- Complete number jigsaws
- Play with number bean bags
- Play number matching games like number lotto or Orchard Toys Spotty Dogs
- Identify numbers on car number plates
- Ask what number the hands on a clock are pointing to / read the numbers on a digital clock
- Look at books with numbers in the story
- Colour or decorate number outlines
- Get your child to press the buttons for you in the lift
- Identify the numbers on the scales when cooking.