- practice throwing, catching and kicking
- pat the ball into the air and count how long it takes to float down to the ground
- tie a string or attach a balloon stick to the balloon and take it for a walk
- blow up balloons of different colours to help your child learn their colours – can they catch the red one, find the blue one, throw the green one?
- play peek-a-boo behind the balloon
- blow up different size balloons to talk about big and small – which is biggest, is the red one bigger or smaller than the blue one?
- draw faces on a balloon and practice different emotions
Have fun but please be careful with balloons as uninflated balloons / bits of popped balloon are a choking hazard.
Top Tip: Don’t blow up the balloon completely – if it isn’t over inflated it is harder to burst.