Show me a child who doesn’t like playing with water! You can play with water in the bath, in the kitchen sink or in a bowl or pool in the garden – it is probably one of the most flexible activities as it needs nothing that we don’t all have on tap. You can play with conventional bath toys or a pile of plastic plates, cups and bowls – children don’t seem to mind either way!
Our top ten ways of playing with water:
- Splashing it
- Adding bubbles and doing the washing up or bathing baby dolls
- Pouring it
- Adding food colouring to make different colours – what happens if you mix the yellow and the blue water?
- Filling containers until they over flow
- Floating bath ducks and boats in the sink
- Watering the garden
- Racing homemade boats with paper sails
- Playing with a waterwheel
- Making waves