The last week of the holidays is here – so much we had planned to do we haven’t done (and don’t get me started on the fact that I’ve got to get school uniforms, lunchboxes, school shoes and everything else organised this week) but we’ve had lots of adventures and lots of fun. Here are some ideas if you are at a loose end this week and if these aren’t enough ideas or are things you’ve already done this holiday check out the ideas posted for week one, week two, week three, week four and week five.
- Make a Cardboard Box Vehicle. You will need; large cardboard box, smaller boxes, cushions, pens, pencils, crayons and other bits and bobs to accessorise. Turn your cardboard box into whatever vehicle you fancy (you can even have a hybrid car / boat or car / plane – your imagination is your only limit!).
- Play Hide and Seek. You will need; safe place to play and more than one person. One person counts and the others go to hide and then the counter seeks the hiders or turn it into a game of sardines by one person going off to hide and everyone seeking them and joining them in their hiding place until only one seeker is left.
- Decorate Pizzas. You will need; pizza bases, tomato sauce, grated cheese and your favourite toppings – sliced pepper, mushrooms, salami / pepperoni, ham, pineapple and anything else you fancy. Take a pizza base, spread it with tomato sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and then add your topping.
- Make Cress Heads. You will need; egg shells, pen, damp cotton wool and cress seeds. Simply draw a face on your egg shell, add the damp cotton wool and sprinkle with cress seeds, then wait for them to grow.
- Have a Fashion Show. You will need; newspapers, scissors and sticky tape. Cut clothes shapes out of newspaper, stick them together and make yourself a new outfit out of newspaper and then have a fashion show.
- Make Tub Boats. You will need; plastic or polystyrene tray, playdough, lollipop stick or straw, paper or fabric to make a sail and sticky tape. Stick a lump of playdough onto your tray and then stick a lollipop stick or straw upright to make a mast, then design your sail and attach it to the mast with sticky tape. See if your boat will float in the bath or a paddling pool – why not make a whole fleet and have a regatta.
- Make a Collage. You will need; old magazines, scissors, glue and a large sheet of paper. Cut out pictures or bits of pictures from the magazines and stick them back together again to make new pictures – you can cut out bits of scenery and make a landscape or cut out different body parts and make a strange person.
I hope you’ve all had a great summer holidays and the return to school goes well.