I had to go back through my picture archive when I saw that this week’s theme for The Gallery was Autumn because this has to be one of my favourite photos of (middle) Littlesheep exploring the crunchy autumn leaves a few years back.
Here are our five favourite activities for incidental learning for the autumn:
- looking at the autumn leaves and discussing the colours
- collecting and counting leaves / conkers / acorns
- rolling conkers in a game like marbles to develop hand / eye and fine motor coordination
- keeping a weather diary – autumn is the best season for a variety of weather
- cooking apple crumble or pumpkin soup