Like many places in the UK we have snow so here are ten things to do outside in the snow:
- Build a snowman
- Make a snow angel
- Track animals, birds or people
- Go sledging
- Measure how deep it is in different places
- Have a snowball fight
- Experiment with freezing water – does hot water or cold water freeze fastest? shallow or deep? does the container make a difference?
- Experiment with melting snow – what things melt it? hot water / salt / dishwasher salt / grit?
- Examine snowflakes with a magnifying glass
- Have a treasure hunt – either hide metal items in the snow and use a metal detector to find them or freeze coloured ice cubes to hide around for children to find.