Friday night was the end of The Confident Mother Conference – I still have a lot to catch up on and a lot to blog but I’ll carry on working my way through the listening again and share my thoughts as appropriate. I was looking for a photo to sum up the conference and found this one which I thought that Sherry would approve of – it’s the finish of the conference but the start of the rest of the year.
So in the last session Sherry shared her wish to be able to wave a magic wand and make us all confident but appreciated that this isn’t really possible so instead gave us five (and a bonus) tips to help us become more confident.
- Get clarity / vision / knowing what you want – you can’t work towards a goal if you don’t know what it is
- Know what your skills and strengths are and understand your core values
- Look after yourself – take time to recharge batteries, eat well, exercise
- Push yourself out of the comfort zone – feel the fear and do it anyway
- Don’t try to be perfect – it’s impossible and sets yourself up for failure – forgive yourself for mistakes
- Keep a journal and monitor progress – celebrate your actions / success and wins
Most of all Sherry’s theme from the conference is to “Take Action”… so what actions am I taking?
- I’m going to listen to the recordings I have on catch up
- I’m going to keep blogging (and using it as a journal to keep up with my new year plans and making sure that we complete our Things We Want to Do in 2016)
- I’m going to make sure I use my ‘me time’ productively (but making sure that it also involves recharge time)
- I’m going to keep reading Sherry’s blog and listening to her interviews